I have been doing a ton of development under the hood. The site now works really well on mobile devices and tablets - as well as the desktop. The code has been streamlined and optimized. I have revamped the admin section so that it is easier for me to make changes and upload images. I just made all the changes live and need them to run for a bit before I reveal the newest site - charltontales.com.
Apr 17, 2022
We have made some multiple fixes to the site. We had to update a couple of APIs and found a few bugs that needed to be taken care of.
List of changes/fixes:
1) eBay API update. eBay updated their API and I had to comply. The eBay search isn't as good but it works good enough - not that we had a choice.
2) The site is hosted on Amazon AWS and they started blocking emails a couple of years back. We send contact us emails and error emails but those stopped and I just thought people lost interest in the site. I had to switch emails to the Amazon approved way and they should all be working now. If you sent a mail and we never responded in the last few years, this is what happened. We apologize and will keep this working as we go forward as best we can.
3) Large cover images broke somewhere along the line. They have been restored.
4) Tumblr Api changed and is now updated. This will be going away but it works during the transition.
5) The 70/65/55 years ago section was outdated - nothing showing in 55 years ago. Awww - the march of time. This has been updated to 80/70/60 years ago. We will update these as needed.
6) The error page and the error email (sent to us) were broken. Fixed.